Anthony Morris’ practice includes wills and trusts, estate planning and administration, banking, real estate, and small business transactions. After two years as an Assistant District Attorney in Chester County, “Tony,” as he is known to his colleagues and friends, joined the firm with Barry Buckley, Ron Nagle, and Steve McGuire in 1978. He now chairs the firm’s Estates and Trusts department.
A past president of the Chester County Bar Association and the Chester County Bar Foundation, Tony is also a former member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s House of Delegates. He was elected to serve on the Board of the Chester County Chamber of Commerce and Industry, where he is currently serving his third term. He is a member of the Chester County Estate Planning Council and previously completed a three-year term as a Hearing Committee Member serving the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. Tony also serves on the Wealth Advisory Board of DNB First and as Chair Elect on the Board of the Chester County Community Foundation.
Tony has also volunteered with numerous non-profit organizations, including the Community Service Council of Chester County, the West Chester Area Day Care Center, and Handi-Crafters, Inc. He was a former Chair of Allocations for the United Way of Chester County and served on the Board of Alumni Managers of The Episcopal Academy from 1996 until 2005. He is an Elder and former Trustee of the First Presbyterian Church of West Chester.
Tony is a lifelong resident of Chester County. He was raised in Chester Springs on a small farm and now lives in West Chester with his wife, Betty. They have four sons and four grandchildren.
• Provides legal counsel for planning and administration of complex estates and trusts.
• Represents small businesses in succession planning and other business matters.
• Represents small to mid-size restaurant enterprises
Areas of Practice
• Wills and Trusts
• Estate Planning and Administration
• Small Business Transactions/Succession Planning
• Banking Transactions/Loan Documentation and Work-out
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
• U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
• Supreme Court of the United States
• Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1977
• Dickinson College, B.A., 1971
• The Episcopal Academy
Professional Achievements & Honors
• Past President, Chester County Bar Association and Bar Foundation
• Committee Member, Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania