Patrick Mintzer is an experienced litigator who has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in catastrophic injury cases. He has significant trial experience and has successfully resolved many cases on behalf of injured clients for amounts well in excess of a million dollars. His extensive experience in handling cases for both injured parties, as well as defendants, gives him a unique perspective in handling matters on behalf of all his clients.
Mr. Mintzer is a member of the Chester County, Delaware County and Pennsylvania Bar Associations and he is an active member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice. He also serves as President on the Board of Directors of the Cerebral Palsy Association of Chester County, Inc. and the Chester County Disability Service, and is a Trustee for Valley Forge Educational Services which assists children with learning challenges. In 2011, he was voted a “Top Lawyer” in Main Line Today.
• Following a six-day jury trial in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, the jury returned a six-figure verdict for the Plaintiff. The case involved a blood clot in the brain that led to our client’s death.
• A seven-figure settlement was obtained in a Philadelphia County case. The accident involved a motorcyclist who was hit from the side and suffered serious and permanent injuries.
• A settlement was reached in a Chester County case where a drunk driver hit our client. The insurance company tendered the entire policy.
• A settlement was reached in a case where our client was killed in a car accident. An estate was raised and the executors of the Estate received the entire underlying policy, as well as the entire UIM policy.
• A settlement was reached in a case where our client had a knee replacement. The knee surgery was negligently performed and our client suffered severe and permanent injuries. The client received a six-figure settlement.
Areas of Practice
• Civil Litigation
• Personal Injury Litigation
• Medical Malpractice
• Worker and Compensation
• Motorcycle Accident
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
• Widener University School of Law, J.D.,1989
• LaSalle University, B.S.,1986
Professional Achievements & Honors
Named as a Top Lawyer by Main Line Today magazine