CARMELA D. JACKSON
Carmela Daley Jackson is a member of the firm’s litigation practice group. Prior to joining the firm, Carmela served in the Chester County Office of the Clerk of Courts for several years as a Criminal Court Clerk and, ultimately, as the Lead Juvenile Dependency Court Clerk. Formerly, Carmela served as an intern with the Putnam County (NY) Law Department Juvenile Division, primarily handling juvenile delinquency matters, and later, as Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable David F. Bortner of the Chester County Court of Common Pleas, principally providing support in criminal, family, and land use cases.
Outside of work, Carmela is a long-time volunteer with the Girls Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania (GSEP), where she currently leads two Cadette troops of middle school-aged girls in the Brandywine Valley Service Unit, and assists with community service projects throughout the year. Carmela was recently elected to represent the service unit as an alternate delegate to the 2021-22 Delegate Council, which is the governance body of GSEP.
Carmela lives in Pocopson Township with her husband, Patrick, and their five children, where she loves to garden in her free time.
Areas of Practice
• Juvenile Law
• Criminal Defense
• Civil and Commercial Litigation
• Landlord / Tenant Disputes
• Mortgage Foreclosure
• U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Pennsylvania
• Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
• New York State, Appellate Division – Third Department
• Chester County Bar Association
• Pennsylvania Bar Association
• New York State Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• Suffolk University (Boston) School of Law, J.D., 2003
• Boston College, Morrissey College of Arts & Sciences, B.A., 2000