CHRISTINE S. KIMMEL
Christine Kimmel is the Managing Partner of the Firm. Christine’s practice focuses on commercial banking, finance, business, and real estate matters. She represents lending institutions and borrowers in complex real estate and asset based loan and work-out transactions. She advises land owners, investors, tenants and developers in the sale, purchase and leasing of real estate and in zoning, land use and tax assessment matters. Ms. Kimmel also assists clients in the creation of business entities, mergers and acquisitions and in other commercial matters. She is a member of the healthcare practice group.
Ms. Kimmel was the first woman to be elected to the Board of Supervisors of East Marlborough Township in Chester County and she served in that capacity until she moved from the Township in October, 2018. Prior to her election, she served as Vice Chairperson and Chairperson of the East Marlborough Township Planning Commission for over a decade and as a representative to the Unionville Regional Planning Commission and the Unionville Park Planning Commission. Ms. Kimmel now serves on the Zoning Hearing Board of Thornbury Township, Chester County. She was also a member of the Advisory Committee on Real Property for the Pennsylvania Joint State Government Committee.
Before practicing law, Ms. Kimmel worked as a loan officer in the commercial lending division of a major regional bank where she managed troubled commercial loan portfolios and handled residential mortgage foreclosures and sales of properties. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Kimmel spent 12 years practicing complex commercial banking and finance, real estate and business law at Pepper Hamilton, LLP.
•Represented lending institutions, developers and business owners in commercial transactions ranging from $1 million to $150 million in the Mid-Atlantic region, including:
Banking and Finance
• An $85 million financing of a group of industrial properties for redevelopment into a multi-use residential and commercial project.
• Aggregate $50 million in credit facilities for a student housing developer in multi-state syndicated loan transaction.
• Aggregate $150 million in credit facilities for a shopping center redeveloper in multi-state transactions.
• A $30 million asset based revolving loan facility for national manufacturing company.
• Regional banks in work-out and distressed asset transactions for commercial real estate projects from $3 million to $85 million in outstandings, including note sales, forbearance documentation, and foreclosures.
• A $90 million sale of an age-restricted and skilled nursing care facility in Chester County, Pennsylvania.
• A major worldwide retail chain in acquisition and zoning and land use proceedings for new and existing megastores and shopping centers.
• A developer and home builder in all aspects of a 54-lot subdivision and land development project and planned unit development.
• Local non-profit organizations in the acquisition and sale of properties and the negotiation of a conservation easement.
• National shopping center owners and regional convenience store chain in tax assessment appeals and defensive appeals in the Philadelphia five-county area.
• A professional athletic association in acquisition of regional headquarters and practice facilities.
• Landlord and tenants in the negotiation and drafting of leases for office properties, medical offices, and retail shopping centers.
Areas of Practice
• Banking, Lending and Work-Outs
• Real Estate, Land Use and Zoning
• Business and Healthcare
• Tax Assessment Appeals
• Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1996
• University of Delaware, BS 1986
Professional Achievements & Honors
• 2005 Rising Star in Philadelphia Magazine by Super Lawyers®.