ARISTIDIS W. CHRISTAKIS
Aristidis W. (Ari) Christakis is an associate in the firm’s land use and governmental practice groups where he represents and advises property owners, contractors, tenants, and municipalities in zoning and land development, commercial real estate, and construction matters and transactions. In addition to advising municipalities and private clients, Ari’s career has included roles as in-house counsel to consulting engineering and design-build construction management firms, as well as an executive position with a regional developer of outdoor advertising assets.
Away from the office, Ari is a Director of Royer-Greaves School for Blind in Paoli, Pennsylvania, where he Chairs the School’s Property and Compliance Committees. He has also been deeply involved in the sport of rugby as a coach, referee, and administrator, for more than 25 years. Ari is the President and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the sanctioning body for youth and interscholastic rugby in the Commonwealth, Rugby Pennsylvania. He is also a member of the Discipline and Disputes Committee of USA Youth and High School Rugby and has served on regional, national, and international disciplinary panels.
• Advised and represented municipalities and private clients in land use matters that involve complex interaction of local, state, and federal regulations and constitutional issues, including sober living facilities, drug treatment centers, billboards, utility pipelines.
• Prevailed on behalf of municipalities and private clients in municipal enforcement actions, including subsequent appeals, arising out of property maintenance violations, the unauthorized removal of vegetation, and general zoning ordinance violations.
• Negotiated and closed complex real estate transactions involving special purpose entities, development contingencies, reserved easements and revenues, reversionary interests, and brownfield redevelopment for residential, retail, commercial office, industrial, and institutional uses.
• Amicably resolved numerous design and construction defects including water infiltration, structural failures, bridge collapse, as well as related surety claims and related environmental regulatory oversight, on behalf of a municipalities, design professionals, contractors, owners, tenants, and lenders.
• Drafted and managed the enactment of municipal ordinances, including historical resource protection, property maintenance, and Home Rule Charter amendments.
• Represented and advised governing bodies and zoning hearing boards in considering applications for zoning relief.
• Prevailed on behalf of municipal clients in appeals to the Pennsylvania Office of Open Records in requestor challenges brought pursuant to Pennsylvania’s Right to Know Law.
Areas of Practice
• Land Use
• Real Estate
• Business / Non-Profit
• Temple University’s Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2006
• University of Pittsburgh, B.S., 2002