JOSEPH E. BRION
Joseph E. (Skip) Brion serves as the Chairman of Buckley, Brion, McGuire & Morris LLP. He specializes in zoning and land use, real estate development, zoning litigation, municipal law, real estate and commercial litigation. He has been named as one of Pennsylvania’s Super Lawyers by Philadelphia Magazine.
Mr. Brion is the former Chairman of the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board. He has also served as Chairman of the Republican Committee of Chester County and currently serves as Vice Chairman of the Delaware Valley Regional Finance Authority, a member of the DNB First Advisory Board, a former member of the Board of Directors for Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority, and a former Trustee of the Chester County Historical Society. Mr. Brion is active in numerous charitable organizations in Chester County as well, including the Friends Association for the Care and Protection of Children and the Chester County Art Association.
• Obtained numerous decisions for development of property in the five-county Philadelphia area, including Court of Common Pleas and Commonwealth Court.
• Represented developers before various township boards, including boards of supervisors, commissioners, council, and zoning hearing boards.
• Represented townships and other municipal government bodies in numerous matters, including challenges to zoning ordinances, land use applications, zoning hearing matters, and other matters.
• Represented state authorities and commissions in numerous matters.
• Drafted zoning ordinances, municipal ordinances, and other governmental legislation.
• Represented counties in numerous matters.
• Served as lead counsel or co-counsel in civil litigation involving real estate, partnership agreements, land use, zoning, and real estate.
Areas of Practice
• Land Use
• Real Estate
• Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
• Supreme Court of the United States
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit of the United States
• Villanova School of Law, J.D., 1972
• St. Joseph’s University, B.A., 1969
Professional Achievements & Honors
Named as a Super Lawyer by Philadelphia Magazine