MICHAEL S. GILL
West Chester, PA
Michael S. Gill represents property owners, tenants, developers, and governmental entities in zoning and land development, environmental, eminent domain, and commercial real estate matters and transactions. His clients include some of the region’s major commercial companies and government agencies.
Michael is a member of the Chester County Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He is also a member of the Chester County Bar Association’s Municipal Law Section and the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Environmental & Natural Resources Section. He also routinely serves as a speaker at seminars.
Outside the law, Michael served on the Board of Directors of The Hickman Friends Senior Community of West Chester and the Board of Trustees of the West Chester Friends School. He is also a member of the West Chester Monthly Meeting of Friends and is a regular participant in other community activities.
• Represented regional mass transit authority in land acquisition and development approvals and funding for railway station improvements.
• Represented Commonwealth-level governmental commission in land acquisition associated with upgrades and modernization of portions of major statewide highway system.
• Negotiated acquisition and sale of various real estate interests and obtained land use-related approvals for regional mixed-use development.
• Obtained land use-related approvals associated with development of properties for use by national brand retailers, restaurants, office developers, and industrial space developers.
• Represented property owners, developers, and other stakeholders in matters involving historic preservation issues.
Areas of Practice
• Land Use
• Real Estate
• Eminent Domain
• United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
• The University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2000
• West Chester University of Pennsylvania, M.A., 1998
• West Chester University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1994